The Graduation Requirements include:
Worthington Schools has created a video and an infographic to help understand these graduation requirements. Additionally, here is information in Spanish and in Portuguese.
First, students must meet the basic academic course requirements:
- 4 credits of English
- 4 credits of Math (including Algebra 2 equivalent)
- 3 credits of Science
- 3 credits of Social Studies
- 1/2 a credit of Health
- 1/2 a credit of Physical Education
- 5 credits of elective
- Fine Art Requirement - all students must complete a full year of fine art between 7th and 12th grade
- Financial Literacy Requirement - all students must select a course to meet this requirement which includes: Financial Algebra, Personal Financial Management, Economics & Financial Literacy and IB Social Studies & IB Business classes
Earn a competency score of 684 or higher on the Math 1 and English 2 End of Course tests or fulfill the competency requirements through one of the following alternate options:
- ACT/ SAT Remediation free scores: ACT English 18 and Reading 22/ SAT English 480 and ACT Math 22/ SAT Math 530
- CC+ Course: earn college credit in a non-remedial English or Math CC+ class
- Career Readiness: Complete 2 of the following- 1 of which must be foundational.
- Foundational: 12 points in Industry recognized credential; Earn cumulative score of proficient or higher on 3 or more WebXams; State issued license for approved vocation; or Pre-Apprenticeship program
- Supplemental: Earn Ohio Means Jobs Readiness Seal; Earn Workforce readiness score on WorkKeys; or Complete a 250-hour work based learning experience with evidence of positive evaluations
- Military Enlistment: students who enlist in the military including completing the ASVAB
Demonstrate readiness by Earning 2 Seals - 1 of which must be a state seal - please click on the link to get detailed information on the 12 seals available.