1. Research colleges and create a list of all schools to which you will apply.
2. Set up a calendar with application deadlines. Pay attention to Early Decision, Early Action and Scholarship deadlines, as well.
3. Ask teacher(s) and/or your counselor for recommendations at least 30 days before deadline, if necessary
- See FAQ’s about Recommendation Letters
- For teacher recommendations:
- Complete Teacher Recommendation Form
- For counselor recommendations:
- Complete Parent Brag Sheet
- Complete Senior Recommendation Information Form
4. Request for test scores (ACT and/or SAT) to be sent directly from the testing agency to all of your intended colleges 4-6 weeks before the application deadline to ensure they receive your scores on time.
5. Apply online
- Essay questions:
- Answer them completely
- Answer even if optional
- Leave enough time to have them edited by multiple people (ie: English teacher, Ms. Elliott, parents, counselor, etc.)
6. Request your transcript using the Transcript Request Form
- If applicable, invite your counselor through Common App or SendEDU
- Your transcript will be sent electronically whenever possible